L8 Risk Assessments
It is a legal requirement to have a legionella risk assessment of all water systems located within a site. The system must be maintained by a regular process of review and auditing as part of an ongoing water hygiene management regime. At H2O Comply, our assessors also follow the water regulations (WRAS).
Legionella Risk Assessments and Reviews
In order to control the risks presented from legionella, and other water borne bacteria, The Approved Code of Practice L8 states a Legionella Risk Assessment must be carried out on all systems identified as potential legionellosis risks.
H2O Comply produce fully compliant, site specific Legionella Risk Assessment Reports. Your site's assessment will be performed by a highly trained and experienced Legionella consultant and Risk Assessor, who will carry out the work competently, safely and within statutory guidelines. Our specialists will conduct a thorough survey of the water system and water distribution services within the property.
What's in a L8 Risk Assessments
We produce a concise, detailed report which will comprehensively cover the following:
- Understanding legionella.
- The background on the risks and legislation associated with Legionnaire's Disease.
- Full site specific assessment and observations of the water system which will identify the potential risk of infection.
- Description of the water services within the premises including.
- Inspection and Condition Surveys.
- Incoming mains water supply.
- Cold Water Storage Tanks and associated down service supplies.
- Hot Water Systems, including Calorifiers / Hot water Cylinders / Boilers), and the flow and return pipe work.
- Point of Use Water Heaters (POUH).
- Electric or Boiler-fed Showers .
- All outlets within the property and temperature readings carried out.
- A survey for dead legs either by installation or by limited usage.
- Inspection of materials and fittings for compliance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 compliance (WRAS).
- Site photographs.
- A complete water asset register for the property.
- Water samples from both hot and cold water systems
- Samples will be analysed by a UKAS accredited laboratory for TVC, E-Coli, Coliform and Legionella.
- Executive summary outlining recommendations to alleviate any potential risks identified.
- A schematic diagrams of your water system.
- Provide a written control scheme for the management, prevention and control of identified risks of Legionellosis.
- Compliance identification, including a program for regular inspections, water analysis, temperature checks and record keeping, to demonstrate compliance with L8.
- Remedial recommendations.
- Prioritised list of recommended remedial work, with budget costs. will be made available upon client request.
- Provide a risk-graded priority system for all remedial actions, detailing specified areas of potential risk or non compliance.