Water Sampling and Analysis
Water sampling and analysis is used as part of a Legionella control and overall water hygiene Scheme.
The water supplied by your local supplier should be wholesome and be fit to drink.
Where there is the potential for Micro-organisms to grow in hot and cold water systems Microbiological sampling should be carried out.
Places that benefit from sampling:
- Where water storage tanks containing drinking water (potable).
- Where systems dosed with biocide.
- Storage and distribution temperatures are low.
- Where correct temperatures are not being achieved.
- Where a Legionella outbreak is suspected.
- Where building occupants are deemed at risk. For example a hospital or care home.
- Where the Legionella/water hygiene risk assessment recommends Microbiological sampling to assist with system monitoring.