Do you need a Legionella risk assessment?
Let us help protect your employees and the public from exposure to Legionnaires' disease.
Accurate and compliant Legionella risk assessments
Controlling the risk presented by Legionella, and other water-borne bacteria. It is a legal requirement to have a Legionella risk assessment of all water systems located within a site. The system must be maintained by a regular process of review and auditing as part of an ongoing water hygiene management regime. At H2O Comply, our assessors ensure to follow all relevant WRAS water regulations. In order to control the risks presented from Legionella, and other water-borne bacteria, The Approved Code of Practice L8 states a Legionella risk assessment must be carried out on all systems identified as potential Legionellosis risks.
Legionella Risk Assessment Reviews
Site inspections and visits provide an ideal opportunity to update the risk assessment and ongoing accuracy of the written document, accounting for changes you have made. The written scheme and control measures are constantly reviewed and discussed with the client ensuring that they remain efficient and cost effective.
- Approved Code of Practice L8 – The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems
- Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (WRAS)
- BS8580 – Water Quality – Risk assessments for Legionella control – Code of practice
- Care Quality Commission – Essential standards of quality and safety – March 2010 (Outcome 10)
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- BS7592 – Sampling for Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems – 2008
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
Need help with your Legionella risk assessment?
Call our team of experts today
H2O Comply will provide fully compliant, site specific Legionella risk assessment reports of your water system. Our specialists will conduct a thorough survey of the water system and water distribution services within the property and report back to you.
“We had work done on our central heating recently and H20 Comply was very nice, professional and did an amazing job thank you.”
At H2O Comply, we understand the importance of water hygiene and preventing Legionella from contaminating your water tanks. Below we’ve answered some Legionella FAQs to offer some guidance, and protect your health.
H2O Comply proudly serves all those in the South East of Kent, London, Essex, Surrey, Sussex, and Hampshire. Contact us today to get help with your water hygiene needs.
Yes, H2O Comply is fully UKAS Accredited. So you can rely on our team to deliver a high-quality service.
We produce a concise, detailed report which will comprehensively cover the following
- Understanding Legionella Legionnaire’s Disease, and associated risks and legislation
- Full site specific assessment and observations of your water system
- Description of the water services within the premises including condition, supply, storage and hot water supplies (e.g. calorifiers or boilers), including schematics
- All outlets within the property and temperature readings carried out
- A survey for dead legs either by installation or by limited usage
- Inspection of materials and fittings for compliance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 compliance (WRAS)
- Site photographs
- A complete water asset register for the property
- Water samples from both hot and cold water systems
- Executive summary outlining recommendations to alleviate any potential risks identified.