Water Hygiene solutions for Construction facilities
Comprehensive Water Testing & Sampling for New Builds
Ensuring safe and High Quality Water Systems in New Constructions
In the construction sector, implementing robust water hygiene practices during the development of new houses and buildings is crucial for ensuring the long-term safety and wellbeing of future occupants.
Our expertise in water testing, water sampling, and regular water tank maintenance, helps ensure that newly built properties are equipped with safe and reliable water supply systems.
Legionella and Water hygiene for construction facilities
During the construction of new properties, proper planning and implementation of water hygiene measures are essential to minimise the risk of legionella outbreaks and other waterborne illnesses.
Our team of water hygiene experts works closely with construction professionals, offering guidance and support in developing and implementing effective water management plans that cater to the unique needs of each project.
- Total Viable Counts (TVC)
- Water quality testing
- Coliform – Evaluates the quality of water
- Faecal Coliform – Indicates contamination from human or animal waste
- E-Coli testing (it has a short life in water so is an indication of recent contamination)
- Checking for biofilm (which affects taste among other things)
- Sampling suites in accordance with the private drinking water regulations 2009
- Consultation on analysis results
- Testing rainwater harvesting systems
Ongoing Support for Water Hygiene Services
The needs of the construction sector are unique and ever changing, which is why we’re committed to providing ongoing support and guidance to help construction professionals navigate the complexities of water hygiene and Legionella compliance.
Our engineers stay up to date with the latest industry regulations and best practices, ensuring your projects remain compliant.
Need help with your water sampling? Get accurate & reliable results fast
H2O Comply engineers understand the importance of health, and checking your water for dangerous bacteria should be a priority for your home or business.
“What an Outstanding job by Trevor and his team, they cleaned my water tank, tested my water and everything. I now have a contract in place with them to deal with it. I have peace of mind knowing I have H20 and their understanding of legionnaires disease, cleaning of tanks and so much more, it’s less stressful for me.”
At H2O Comply, we understand the importance of water hygiene and preventing Legionella from contaminating your water tanks. Below we’ve answered some FAQs to offer some guidance, and protect your health.
H2O Comply proudly serves all those in the South East of Kent, London, Essex, Surrey, Sussex, and Hampshire. Contact us today to get help with your water hygiene needs.
Water hygiene is crucial during construction to ensure the safety and well-being of future homeowners and occupants, prevent waterborne illnesses like Legionnaires’ disease, and comply with health and safety regulations.
Water hygiene specialists provide a range of services for construction projects, including water testing and sampling, Legionella risk assessment and management, water system design consulting, and assistance with regulatory compliance. These services help maintain optimal water quality and safety in newly built properties.
Water testing and sampling should be conducted at various stages during construction, including before the installation of water supply systems, after system installation, and upon project completion. Regular water testing ensures that the water supply system remains free from harmful contaminants, such as Legionella, and meets the highest standards of water quality and safety.
Construction companies can ensure compliance with water hygiene regulations by partnering with a reputable water hygiene service provider, such as H2O Comply, that offers expert guidance on regulatory requirements, water system design, and water hygiene best practices. Regular water testing and maintenance can also help maintain compliance and avoid potential issues related to water quality.
Yes, H2O Comply is fully UKAS Accredited. So you can rely on our team to deliver a high-quality service.
We produce a concise, detailed report which will comprehensively cover the following
- Understanding Legionella Legionnaire’s Disease, and associated risks and legislation
- Full site specific assessment and observations of your water system
- Description of the water services within the premises including condition, supply, storage and hot water supplies (e.g. calorifiers or boilers), including schematics
- All outlets within the property and temperature readings carried out
- A survey for dead legs either by installation or by limited usage
- Inspection of materials and fittings for compliance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 compliance (WRAS)
- Site photographs
- A complete water asset register for the property
- Water samples from both hot and cold water systems
- Executive summary outlining recommendations to alleviate any potential risks identified.